Saturday, March 02, 2013

Out with the old..

aah, Spring.  wait, it's not spring yet!   This happens to me every year.   I'm tired of boots and coats and gloves and scraping off my car.   I want to wear my sandals.   

I've been taking myself to "classic" films showing at a local movie theater on Saturdays.   I like it.  I've seen most of them already, some of them I own.   This costs $4.   It may seem silly, but rather than languish at home, coming up with perfectly good reasons NOT to go out on the weekend, I get myself out, if only for a short while.   I like that too.

Plus I'm not really into retail therapy.  I tried it, I used to do it and I thought it felt great.  I now have so many things I don't really need I find myself cleaning dressers and drawers and cupboards out.   More than I'd like to.   So I'm not buying things I don't need anymore.  I'm not shopping, I'm getting.   Getting food, getting a new coffee maker because mine isn't working properly.   I like that too.   And coffee.

Coming up with a new start for spring.  I'm not going to lie, I'd love some new clothes.   I've been losing weight, so I'm going to wait a while.  

So I'll hunker down here, cleaning out, sloughing off the old.   Often finding the new, lighter version awaiting underneath.   I like that.

No comments: